Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Leaving SLC for a few Weeks for Beautiful Europe

Well I am leaving for Spain in one day. I can't believe that this day is already here.  I feel like I have been planning for this day for the last six months. From my recent spanish 1020 class and getting through that, my application process back in January and then getting accepted to the intensive language program in Oviedo Spain and preparing for that.  I will be living with the Gonzalez Lopez family in Oviedo for five weeks.  I am excited to meet them and get to know their family.  It is always a good experience to  live with another culture and appreciate the similarities and differences we may or may not share.  I am very excited to see the sights of beautiful Spain and experience the culture of it's people.  I know that this will be a great experience for me, but it will be a challenge for me as well.  This is my first trip to Europe and I will be needing to speak a foreign language in order to communicate. So this will be hard but it will be a good challenge for me to further my learning of the spanish language.  My hope is that I become more confident when speaking spanish.  I am nervous for the spanish classes at Oviedo University but I am also just excited to experience Spain and get more comfortable speaking the language. Lastly I am sad to be away from my husband and family.  I have traveled much before this but never by myself like I will be with this study abroad.  Overall Spain is going to be great I know this.  Five weeks will be over before I know it so I am going to enjoy every minute of it while I'm there. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Lindsey! Have a great time in Spain :) Love, The Coles

    ReplyDelete